It is no surprise to me that year over year, the public relations profession is ranked in the top ten most stressful jobs. It usually falls somewhere between active duty military personnel and taxi drivers. From writing and editing press releases, to developing campaign plans, and working with media, there is always something to do and most days, something goes un-checked on the daily to do list – all factors that increase an individual’s stress level.
So finding solutions to manage stress and keep a level head throughout the day are essential to success in this industry. Take a look, read and enjoy – and chill out!
- Make a Run for It: Taking a jog in the morning or squeezing one in during a lunch break clears your head and lets you take your stress out on the pavement. It’s energizing and gives you the energy to power through the day.
- Desk Yoga: Stretch and relax those tension trapping muscles. Find some great moves here.
- Caffeine Jolt: A quick shot of espresso to push through the last few hours of the day is definitely a favorite
- Afternoon Pick-Me-Up: a quick walk to one of the many bakeries or fro yo shops around Union Square gives you a chance to enjoy a sweet treat and put your stress level at ease whether it be a sweet treat from the corner fro-yo shop or a trip to the closest Starbucks, a break for an afternoon sweet treat will give your mind a chance to take a break and refocus when you get back to your desk. If you can make time – go shopping at Whole Foods – it’s one of the best ways to de-stress. They do an amazing job merchandising food and the smells, the displays and the samples will calm anyone’s nerves.
- A Lovable Hobby: Finishing the day doing something you love lets you end the day on a high, carefree note. Whether it be baking a treat, or spending time with your family, ending the day doing something you love will let you go to bed happy and allow you to recharge for the day ahead.
Whatever it is that makes your day a little less stressful goes a long way in a fast paced, immediate action based industry. What are some stress relieving activities that keep you focused on the task at hand?
Too much PR stress in your company? Let the PR experts at Trier & Company relieve that pressure. Get a free PR Consultation from the the team at Trier & Company.